Friday 13 January 2012

Evaluation for preliminary work

Evaluation for preliminary work
(A)What existing magazines did you look at for inspiration for your magazine? What features/ conventions did you use?
The magazines that I looked at for inspiration included Heat magazine which inspired me to include shapes on the front cover of my magazine as I believe they stand out on the front cover and attract the reader, also I got inspiration from the use of different colours from various magazines such as “Heat” and “Look” magazine.
(B)What skills have you learnt/ developed during your project? Be specific.
Some skills I have learnt whist developing this prelim project are the basic skills on photo shop which include cutting around and image, such as a photo that would be included on the front cover of my magazine, also I learnt about layering for the front cover which enabled me to move different part of the magazine to different parts of the page to see what looked best.
(C)What aspects of your Prelim work did you feel were successful?(You could comment on design features, photography, as well as time management etc)
The aspects of my preliminary work that I thought were successful include the photography as the picture that I took were clear and detailed and were thought about well. I also think that the cover lines on the front cover looked good and worked well. Also I think the titles looked good on each of the pages as on the contents page I had the title going down the page instead of along the top and also on the front cover I used a font which reflected on the topic of the magazine as I used a font which reminds the audience of school and college.
(D)What would you improve? Explain in detail.
The things I could improve on for this project would be incorporating more photo shop skills onto the prelim work to develop the skills I already have. I could do this by changing the colour of the background both the contents page and the front cover. I could also bring in a theme for the project and stick to it throughout to develop a link between the pages. I could also improve my time management as towards the end of the project I was running out of time but still had a lot of work to do towards my preliminary work however at the end of the project I had finished all of the work needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment