Tuesday 31 January 2012

my magazine pitch




I think my pitch went well and the feedback that I received made me realise that I had to narrow down the colour scheme by using certain colours such as white and pale pink and also I might include another pale colours such as yellow and blue so that the colours stand out. One question that was asked was what would I include in my double page spread to which i replied and album review page. I have decided to do an album and artist review page to give the audience of my magazine an insight into the artists that influence the making of this magazine, such as Jessie J. I will include information about their career, as well and any hits and albums that they have released.
Another Question that i was asked, was how would i make my magazine stand out from any other magazine that is already on the market, the main artist that i am planning on using on the cover will be a new up and coming artist that not many people will notice which will grab the attention of the audience members who like to read about artists who are trying hard to make in in the music industry and it may also attract peoples attention if they too are trying to make it in this industry and it may give them help and guidance on how to break the market. overall i this that my pitch went well and overall i had quite positive feedback.

The Sort of person that would buy my magazine is a pop music lover as i am aiming to attract to the trendies group of people as i feel that they would want to read my magazine because of the genre that i am displaying.

For the cover of my magazine i am planning on using a mid shot of the artist featured so that it will appeal to the audience and attract them to reading it. For the double page spread i am planning on using a mid shot with the model holding up the Ipod or CD to show what they are listening to. i have experiment with this in my test shots but using another camera instead of  an Ipod or CD.

1 comment:

  1. Good effort. I liked your supporting Animoto moodboard and ideas in your pitch about your colour palette, font, photography, model and target audience.
    You now need to reflect and evaluate more carefully about exactly what you are hoping to produce and how you will do it.
    For example:
    - Exactly what sort of music lover would buy your magazine? (Go back to your work on ch4 Tribes and link it to your GENRE)
    - What specific inspirations/ conventions are you planning to use? For example WHAT CONNOTATIONS you are hoping the audience will automatically understand by your use of model/ costume/ colours/ cover lines?
    - How will your magazine STAND OUT? Are you using any special artistic ideas?
    - What POSE/ CAMERA ANGLE will your model(s) be using? Why? What message are you hoping it will project about your artist and audience?
    - CLOTHES/ COSTUME also make us have particular judgements about people. How will your artist be dressed and why?
    - Will you be using any LOCATION/ STUDIO shots? Where and why? Where will these photos be placed?
    - What range of OTHER PHOTOS will you be using? Any photos of festivals/ gigs/ groups of people/ instruments?
    - How much will your magazine COST and why?
    - What other aspects had you not considered before that you now realise are important?

    ReplyDelete